Saturday, August 29, 2009

Base of support - Update #3

I really feel like a pyramid these days. The cheerleading kind more
specifically. Joanna and I being held up by a fantastic group of
family and friends. We have no weak links. Tons of people filling
places, devoting time, cooking meals, lending things, supporting in
any way they know how; and most importantly prayer. At times like
these it's difficult to appreciate everyone. I want to, don't get me
wrong; although it's somewhat overwhelming at times. So thank you all
and please continue because it's working, jo is still there and the
babies are still inside!

Feeling those girls kick my hand I can't help but think to myself that
the miracle pregnancy and kids gives us a different prospective on
life. One that has made me realize life is very much NOT about me. I
would not be who I am without that base of support, my family would
not feel the support we do without everyone around us. I ate a meal
tonight that was prepared by someone I have never met. I wasn't at a
restaurant... I didn't pay for it.... It was just given without any
strings. So just when I think that all compassionate acts deserve a
tax receipt; something like this reminds me how the pyramid of my
family is being held up.

Joanna is doing well, adjusting to the ups and down of having her
water broken and the life of hospital bedrest. She finally knows where
she is in the hospital after a brief trip down to ultrasound
yestrday. Baby 'A's fluid is as expected; still low. Not of huge
concern to the docs though. We had a date night tonight with some good
friends, a movie, popcorn, ice-cream, carnation meal replacement, and
ice water. Today was the first day that I was truly excited to be
back at work. Let me clarify, I would be with Jo 24/7 if possible but
as I posted before, and as is the case for most of us, work is
necessary to earn a living. I happen to love what I do and today
reminded me of that.

One last thing. I think today we named the girls. Pretty cool.....
It's a secret so don't ask. ;-) I want to meet them, but not yet.

5 comments:

  1. Aw that's so exciting!!! I'm so glad you guys have names, it's an amazing feeling isn't it? Knowing them by name? So special. Glad everything is going smoothly and will continue to pray and help wherever we can. Bless you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How good to find out that things are stable and that your life continues to go on. My prayers are for peace, patience, hope and endurance. I'm so thankful to God for the fact that the twins are safe so far and that you have already named them! Much love and peace Wilma Van Brummelen :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to keep them babes in Jo !! I am sure the TLC is helping... along with the prayers, love and support being sent your way bu soooo many people =) He has all things in His hands and is holding these little girls with His fingers too =) Naming sure is fun ! You keep restin' and we are celebrating the daily milestones with you ! lots of love ! grim family

    ReplyDelete
  4. so happy for the blog, love reading all the updates... Joanna you looked beautiful when we saw you on Saturday and please know that my family is thinking and praying for the 4 of you always.

    Ryan:

    I didn't know you are such a beautiful writer, you truly make me cry everytime i read this blog. your girls are lucky to have such a strong dedicated daddy and its an honor to know you and your family.

    Love from my family to yours...
    Jennifer Armstrong

    ReplyDelete