Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Big up close, small from far. Update #13

My apologies, I have dropped the ball. Coach never put me in because I had the best hands in the world, he put me in to score. Well you can't score if you drop the ball. So I apologize for the lengthy absence from my ramblings, oh yah and the familial updates.

Joanna continues to rock this whole 'my water is broken I need to be on hospital bed rest for 10 weeks thing'. We had another false alarm last week which landed us downstairs for a brief visit, resulting in nothing other than her resting a few hours and me sleeping on the obligatory husband 'foldoutthingy.'

What seemed nearly impossible two plus months ago is now just any day away. Those first few nights all the obstacles and hurdles and questions seemed like a mile high wall that we were not equipped to scale. Little did I know, and all that we have been through in our lives I should have had a touch more perspective. We have faithfully pulled though to a point were excitement and anticipation now has overwhelmed fear and apprehension. This is not something that just happens, people, a lot of people are praying. I tried the other day to start working out the odds of the whole situation, now mind you math is the furthest thing from my strong point, but I quit after 50% of 50% of 50% of 3 out of 84 this and this week this is 22% increase that.... Its a really ridiculously small odds of everything that has gone down to have occurred. With all the odds and numbers and chances not meaning a whole lot now those once massive walls look rather smallish these days. Wish we could take some credit, but we know where that lies.

This past week and a half, we have accomplished a lot around the house, super huge thanks to those that came out to the work weekend and painted, chiseled, cleaned, hammered and generally had a super fun time. The hard work downstairs has paid off as we have found some renters for November 1st. Yay! Upstairs, well as some of you who have seen my Facebook status testifies a different tale. The bathroom is down to the bones, and I think the plumber is on the to do list this week.

One of the strollers arrived....are you kidding me, that thing is a bus! I had to remove furniture to arrange for its parking space in my front entrance. That being said the car seats fit perfectly and they match as well, who knew? Baby clothes have started to be organized and hung. I think we have onesies for the nations...!

Thanksgiving truly had a profound meaning this year. Although that being said spending holidays without your significant other with you, sucks!! There is no eloquent way to put it. I felt as my step mom put it "alone in a crowded room." Thanks to the rest of the family for putting up with me. Christmas will be different, I promise.

We have been a bit confused lately with the doctors recommendations to get up and move more. As I wrote recently why fix an unbroken issue. Well as it turns out with the babies reaching 32 weeks on Thursday, the focus starts to shift slightly into concern for Jo. Babes have reached a maturity that will almost guarantee they will be the biggest ones in the NICU. The issue is now Jo and her circulation, muscles that need to work again and a host of other medical terms that I am sure the Docs aren't sharing. So that being said, Jo has been up and walking, doing a lap around the nurses station, undoubtedly putting in her order for whatever takeout is being phoned in that night. Much like the cost benefit ratio for 34 weeks to take the babies out it is similar for 32 weeks for mama to be more active. So if you visit, and the room is empty, check the lounge where you may find her rallying the troops to have the hospital food providers overthrown. ;-)

I will update sooner next time. "Put me in coach, I won't let you down!"

Ryan

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! We laughed about the stroller. Malcolm and I continue to think of you frequently and pray for you daily. Every Thursday I celebrate with you. God is faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tears shining in my eyes, i'm in awe and humbled once again. The two of you amaze me and i can't wait to meet your miracle babies.

    Love and hugs to you and your amazing wife and amazing strong baby girls.

    Sorry thanksgiving was tough on you, but christmas for you guys will be amazing.

    As always
    Jenn, Doug and Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. who knew that last night would be your last post as a kid less parent...I am so excited for you and Joanna. Glad ALL the girls are doing well. You have been an amazing example of strength and faith in Christ going through these past few months. My God continue to bless you richly!

    ReplyDelete