Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pigs and the Milkman - Update #20

What a difference a few days make. The highs and lows have been almost unbearable. I liken it to riding a coaster at break-neck speed, on a wobbly track with half a seat belt; oh yeah and did I mention that there were no brakes! Being transferred to Abbotsford was great, close to home, I can visit in between clients, Jo can sleep in her own bed and we can enjoy the girls until they get to come home (probably another month at the earliest). Well before we got too comfortable in our little routine, the flu bug has hit. My step mother first and Jo second. Now we are in a holding pattern of frustration, sorta like when you are going to visit family you haven't seen for a long time and you really cant wait to see them again, but there is a security issue in the airport and they wont let anyone out of the plane for hours..... Well this is us, and the peanuts they pass out to make you feel better about it are the pictures I take and show Jo when I get home. The purpose of this entry is not to invoke pity, Joanna is molding into probably the strongest women I know and I am determined to chronicle these events in order to draw strength from later on when another dip in the coaster ride comes along. Situations like this in my opinion would have buried a weaker person, post par tum depression would have set in days ago, yet she holds her head up and is willing to do what it takes to get through this, as emotional as it is, even if that means putting up with my absolutely terrible jokes told in vain in effort to cheer her up.

The NICU has told us Jo has to be symptom free for one week before she can return. Pretty big downer. Of course many ask 'is it the swine flu?', we don't know yet, but it really doesn't matter, treatment at this point is the same. We will be seeking some natropathic immuno boosters, to help her get over the hump. Did I mention already that she is one of the strongest women I know. There's that repeat thing again for those of you who are following along. Those silly pigs are sure causing a stir this season, so please wash your hands, get some hand sanitizer, get lots of rest and fluids and eat healthy. Please pray for a boost in Joanna's health so she can get back to see our babes soon.

My job through all of this craziness is pretty much be the milkman. Momma is pumping for the girls and I am driving it over, holding the sweet ones, changing diapers, bathing them and reassuring them that this will be the last time I change a poopy diaper. That last part there, not happening, I thought is was worth a small moment of thought though. With two bums pooping regularly I can be sure that my new skill set will be put to work soon enough.Not one complaint on my end, every minute is treasured and it is tough to leave every night with those eyes peepin at me.

Ryan




Sorry about the quality, iphone pics.

Top left & Bottom Right Kyra
Top right Marika


1 comment:

  1. I love the pic where they're together!! So cute!!

    Ry came down with the flu one week ago. I felt like it was coming on too so I started right away on A. Vogel echinacea tincture 5 times a day, 3 raw garlic cloves daily and my regular krill oil, cod liver oil and vitamin D drops. Both of the kids get cod liver oil daily too, as recommended by our Naturopath. So far we haven't had any symptoms of illness since that first day. I think those Naturopaths really do know a thing or two, so for Jo's sake I hope her Naturopathic immuno boosters boost that flu right outta there! :)

    Love you guys, praying you'll get to see your sweet babies ASAP Jo.

    -Simone

    ReplyDelete