Friday, October 2, 2009

Printer Ink, Car Horns, Renos and an Ultrasound. Update #12

I have found out first hand two facts that made me less than pleased. First, the scam that printer manufacturing companies have going, what a joke. I discovered a site that sent me 16 cartridges of ink (4 black and 4 of each of the other colours) for $22! Of course they are not the name brand variety, but when you print off the amount of programs and newsletters I do who cares what the names says on the side of the cartridge.

Joanna's uterus continues to be cantankerous. Getting irritated at what seems to be the smallest things. As a result most of her movement privileges have been pared down. Pee brakes and nothing else. Eating is now lying down, reading and watching TV are sideways. The signs are starting to show that maybe it is a little closer to baby time than we would like, but who are we to choose. Joanna spirits are good, the most recent ultrasound (this morning) revealed an almost 4 pound baby 'A' and 3 pound 10 ounce baby 'B'. The ultrasound showed the girls practicing using their mouths and putting fingers in their mouth as well.

Second ever so small displeasure is the scorn you get for using your horn in the lower mainland. I used to to keep the urge to honk tightly secured in my back pocket, I mean its just rude isn't it? Well maybe out in the country, but let me tell you I have unwrapped that gift and delivered it to a few deserving drivers. I mean seriously how can you merge on to a freeway doing 53 km/hour? This isn't my rant line but its just a note to let other know, that the horn is installed in your car for a reason, and its not just for dim witted guys thinking that the girl on the sidewalk appreciates it..... Many a country have gone too far with horn usage and it now has little value, I don't think we are anywhere near that here and as a result it should be used more.

Work has begun downstairs, well not just downstairs actually, pretty much everywhere. As mentioned in my last entry I could use a hand with a few things, here is an incomplete list in no particular order:

- Pull tiles off the floor and wall in main bathroom
- Help lay laminate floor
- Slap a coat of paint on the walls
- Wash windows
- Staining doors and a bench
- Assemble a few items, shelves/storage thingy's
- Wash and detail my car.....Ok I'm kidding on this one!
- Install a toilet
- Change light switches and sockets from cream to white

I am sure there are others some bigger and some smaller. We will be working all weekend and early next week(Oct. 3/4/5). Obviously some of these will have to happen first, but if you have some time 30min-all day? let me know and I'll find something for ya.

ryan@coastalfitness.ca - 604-728-4155

Thanks to the many people that continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers, we truck on knowing there is a huge army behind us.

Ryan

3 comments:

  1. Ryan,

    It is so great to see that you are making use of all of the 'spare time' on your hands!

    I will try to keep my response to your rants to the point, as I too am trying to make use of some of my spare time ;)

    1. Printer Ink: I know someone who can help you out with this; creating .pdf docs and online newsletters as ink and paper are environmentally non-friendly and oh so old school.
    2. Car horns are there for a reason! Coming from someone who has family in NY, has visited there often and is not afraid to use the horn, believe you me- it IS a necessity. Used sparingly or to various levels is the key- I cannot tell you how many peeps give me the finger when I honk- how rude.
    3. Renos: you are much wiser than I- my poor husband works in the industry and the last thing he can think about is doing them, I would do it myself but what do I know about 'Blue Jobs'??
    4. Ultrasounds- so cool to have so many photos of the girls already! Memories and milestones you can treasure for a lifetime.

    Take care of yourself,
    ~ Jenny xo

    PS. I know someone who might have some spare tix to the Nucks games if you are ever interested...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenny,

    I already have my web guy put the newsletters on the website and so on, but my business does better when they can walk away with something in hand. Trust me if I could go paperless....I would.

    The trade of a horn for a one finger salute hardly seems fair, I mean, your doing them a favour right????

    Who has spare tickets?... That's like saying I have spare gold, have some... I would love to go some time.

    Talk soon.

    Cheers,

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had someone flip me the bird for honking a few times too, which threw me off. "You're getting angry at ME? You're the idiot pulling an illegal U-turn in front me!" *roll eyes* But, that aside...

    I'm sorry to hear that Jo is now on flat-on-back rest! Not fun! I'm praying for your girls and for her. Irritible uterous' aren't nice. :( I'm going to see about a babysitter for my youngin's so I can come keep her company one day.

    Hang in there!

    Lori-Anne
    PS> Jenny, I'll take some free Canucks tix too! ;)

    ReplyDelete